Sunday, November 6, 2016

The trial went really well, in my opinion. Everyone did great!

Patsy brought up some incredible points about my character. Father-killing seems to be an evident theme in Greek tragedies. Oedipus killed his father just like Haemon attempted to do. It's certainly possible that Antigone's history had something to do with it. I never even considered this.

Further, Myah's points about divine law and Greek culture were also something I hadn't considered. Forbidding Antigone from burying her brother was not only forbidding her from listening to the gods, but also robbing her of her culture. In contrast, James had some pretty fair points about the gods telling him to make the law in the first place. Mackenzie's character was interesting in this regard, as she actually knew what the gods have said, as she was the prophet.

I can't say I'm completely surprised at the jury's decision, but I wouldn't have been shocked if it had been the other way. It was a really in-depth activity and I'm glad to have been a part of it. I had a great time and I learned a lot. I hope we can do this more in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment